French vintage style decorating ideas
Check out our decorating ideas on how to create simple French vintage style.
Find the furniture
- Mix and match classic furniture with distressed and painted pieces and varnished fruitwood and oak antiques to create simple French vintage style.
- Choose cabriole-legged tables, chairs with deep-button upholstered details and armoires with exquisite handles for a timeless decorating look.
- Get some decorating ideas from scouring country sale rooms for old French furniture to restore and update with ticking cushions, loose covers or a lick of paint.
Choose the fabrics
- The essence of French vintage style is typified by an elegant mix of treasured .
- Choose different scales of toile de Jouy ticking, traditional Provencal prints and formal embroidery to create a timeless charm.
- Use fabrics to inject a burst of vibrant color. Create areas of detail with layers of intense patterned fabric and contrast with chalky walls and painted furniture.
- Mix contemporary prints with nostalgia vintage fabrics from the 1940s and 1950's.
Add the accessories to your French vintage style
- Update worn cushions with trimming.
- French Aubusson rugs are very decorative and help to define the character of a room bringing faded pattern underfoot.
- Fill Provencal jugs and pots with flower heads for a flavor of the French country decorating style.
- Choose accessories with French countryside napkins with cuffs, a cafetiere cozy or a collection of perfume bottles.